Monday, March 17, 2008

Movie Madness

Let's talk about movies.

Here are my favorites in no particular order:

Amelie, the best romance I have ever seen. A wonderful surreal adventure that surrounds a mysterious "do-gooder" who falls in love. It's a magical movie, romantic, and really funny.

Raising Arizona, a modern tall tail about how every one loves babies. Hi and Ed are the most lovable kidnappers ever.

The Blues Brothers, what can I say, my buddy and I dressed up as them for halloween once. It was awesome, and so is that movie.

V For Vendetta, based on a comic book that I ended up buying because I loved the movie so much. Gotta say, loved the art, but liked the movie better then the comic. Maybe it's because it's set in a more modern time, and the main characters seem so much stronger and real to me.

Snatch, hard to understand but put on the subtitles and it's fucking hilarious. My favorite character is by far Bullet Tooth Tony.

Hercules, my favorite disney movie. I don't care that it really has no relation to the original myth, thats just the way disney roles. I love the music and Hercules is such a lovable and goofy character.

Interstella 5555, it's not so much a movie as it is a really long and beautifully animated music video. I love Daft Punk more then almost anything in the world.

I LOVE all of the Xmen movies, I can watch them over and over and over again.They are most defiantly my favorite super hero movies. I can't wait for the new ones, I know they're gonna ROCK!

I love all the Quentin Tarantino movies. Each one of them is a wild ride of crazy awesome characters put in fucked up situations, set to the coolest sound track you can find. The dialog is out of this world.

The other man who has my movie attention is Kevin Smith. Truth be told I have not seen all of his movies because I haven't seen Jersey Girl yet, but whatever. This guy is fucking funny, and I can't get enough of his dialog, so much so that I haft to listen to his podcast every week to complete my life.

Hayao Miyazaki is by far the best thing that has ever happened to anime. All of his movies are beautiful, the story lines, animation, messages, and soundtrack. I could never pick a favorite, every one of them is a great coming of age story that makes you laugh, cry, and amazed.

I think thats it for now, I might haft to redo this page if I forgot something vitally important.

No comments: