Sunday, March 9, 2008

there will be blood

I'm reading the Anne Rice book The Vampire Lestat right now, so I thought that I would make this post about my friends the vampires.
The first vampire book I read was Christopher Moore's Bloodsucking Fiends. The cool thing about Mr. Moore's vampire story is that he didn't try to tell a mythology of the vampire, he just had fun making up this crazy story thats main characters happen to be vampires, they didn't even really want to be vampires, it just happened really, and they just try to live their life like normal people with a slight blood disorder. The book that followed was called You Suck. This one was really good too, and I loved the ending. Christopher Moore is my favorite author, I just love everything that he writes because each one is full of crazy exciting characters that are put in really scary crazy sitchuations. The only thing that I could criticize about his books would be that the beginnings are always too long, and the ending action always happens in the last 10 to 20 pages, but what can I say I love them all.
I got into the Twilight books by Stephenie Meyer. I LOVE them. I couldn't put them down and ended up reading the first three within a week. I cannot wait 'till the fourth and final book witch comes out this august. They are on the romantic side (the super romantic side) but still have a fun and epic story. I love perspective of Bella, and that she takes us all the places we want to go with her leaving nothing out. I also love that the story is sent on the west cost, and their making the movies here in Portland!!! I know some Native Americans who are going to be extras in the movies too!!! It's just TOO COOL!!!
My friend read all of the Anne Rice when we were in 10th grade. I told her that I was interested in reading them and finally two years later she lent me Interview with a Vampire. I had seen the movie a while ago so I kinda knew the story line. This book wasn't anything like the other two series I had read before. It isn't funny or romantic in the least. What this book is is tragic and interesting. I was with the main character the whole time, but unlike Twilight it wasn't because I could relate to the angst, but because I was simpithetic with him.
So now I find myself with an obsession that most girls have at age 13, but whatever.
have a video



check this guy out!






No comments: