Monday, August 11, 2008

Ashland

I just got back from a " fieldtrip" in Ashland. I saw Othello, The Further Adventures of Hedda Gabler, and A Mid Summer Nights Dream. I was the youngest student on the trip. After the plays every one would want to go drinking and I would walk back to the dorm rooms we were staying in. I spent a lot of time alone, it was nice at first but got boring...

It was my first time reading and seeing Othello. It's not my favorite Shakespeare play but I give the man props for keeping to one story line instead of five. The costumes were great, and the set was astonishing.


I thought that we were just seeing Hedda Gabler, but we saw something els entirely. It was very funny, but I feel like I didn't get all the literary references.


This was probably the best production that I have ever seen. I have seen about 4 or 5 versions and this one had the best costumes ever! It was also the funniest one I have ever seen! though it was all about the faeries and pushed the story of the lovers way to the side.
All in all it was a good trip. I did get to spend a lot of time to myself.

No comments: